Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Japan - International Quilt Festival

Thirty years ago my daughter had a Japanese exchange student as a roommate for two years at boarding school. Keiko came home with Heidi for every school holiday except for the summer vacation. I became her American mother. During my recent trip to Japan to attend the International Quilt Festival I was able to see Keiko again and meet her daughters.
Keiko calls me her American mother and her daughters, Haruna and Manami, are proud to have an American grandmother. I am equally honored to call them family. 

Here are some of the quilts from the quilt festival. One of the fascinating things about Japanese quilts is the many small pieces that care used to make the quilts. They are all about 6 feet high, good size pieces of fabric art.



No comments:

Post a Comment